Saturday, November 27, 2010

Comment For Kids final Summary

This has been a lovely opportunity for me to comment on all my childrens blogs this semester.  The final three children that I comment on were Cierra, Rocio, and Ashyln.  These children blogged on issues such as the treatment of the Native Americans, the learning of a first Wordle, and teaching us about a town that is named after Columbus's mother.  All of these children posted interesting topics and the grammar was also very good.  The first child described the mistreatment of the Native Americans a topic which is close to my heart since my wife is a Native American.  I agreed very much with this child and with the wrong doings the Europeans put the Indians through.  The second child done a Wordle for the first time and this was also a very nice Wordle.  The childs choice of colors for their Wordel was also very colorful and lively.  The last child explained how a city in the United States was named after Columbus's mother.  I never knew this and was extremely fascinated by this fact. 

I love the blogging and rewards that come from blogging, which EDM310 has introduced me to.  The children who i've commented on will look forward to these comments and remember them as long as they are blogging.  It has been a pleasure to comment on these childrens blogs and I will miss this once I leave EDM310.  This just lets me know how interconnected we are in our small world today.  Also we as teachers do have the POWER to change a childs life for the better.  All it takes is love and patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment