Saturday, October 30, 2010

Summary Post CFT #3

The first post I done was a video that Dragonsinger had posted from Prof. Stephen Heppell. In this video he covered subjects such as Email is now for our parents, the benefits of the super class in schools, and diversify curriculum for our students. This was a very interesting if not long video, but was thoroughly enjoyable to watch

This video inspired me to go beyond the call of duty for my students. I will also like to try the super class idea that Prof Stephen had suggested because it would encompasses many children and teachers in one room. This would allow the teachers to see who needs help and then be able to give that help. Also we must begin to use new innovations such as tweeter, blogging sites, and SKYPE. We must also not be scarred to try new and different ideas. Also there are no educational secrets left in today's new technological age world. Examples of these new technologies would be information, music, and ideas and also sites such as Google, and Wikipedia. I just hope that the world accepts the changes sooner and not later.



The second post I did for Dragonsinger was a trip she took to the city of Christchurch. At this point she attended a four day conference which covered many aspects of her teaching field from learning how to use a Prometheus board to the benefits of teacher conferences. she was also able to interact with her PLN friends at this conference and to share ideas among one another. She also came away form this conference with several nice prizes that she will use for the class when she returns home.

I liked the fact that she was able to take away so much from her PLN conference. I can only hope that we as teachers are given the opportunities to interact with and get new ideas from distant educators. This also showed me the importance of the PLN's that Dr. Strange has been telling us about. The most important thing I took away was the fact, that we as educators will never stop learning new things. This more than anything is one of the main reason why I want to teach. The only other thing I want more than anything is to change a child's life "one at a time."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Phill - thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. I agree with you that the most important thing about being an educator is that we continue learning ourselves. As we demonstrate that learning to our students we inspire them to also learn.

    Good luck for the rest of your studies and your teaching career.

    ReplyDelete