Sunday, December 5, 2010

Final PLN Summery

EDM310 this semester has been hard and difficult, but It would have been much harder without my PLN network. This information came from teachers, web search engines, and plan old brain power. This information was very important for me, because without it I would not have understood the scope of thinking that we had to use in class. For any questions or request I needed I would rely on Google, Google Squared and Twitter. These provided a wealth of information that I can call up on at anytime in the future. I never even knew about Google Squared before this class and know I have a way to analyze more than four items at a time depending on what I need. You Tube became an important source too for videos and topics that I was curious about. With all the videos on that site it's hard not to rely on it. I also learned how to use twitter. With this was able to tweet specific groups of people or individuals about any topic that I could think of. The abilities of Evernote was very handy in typing up notes that I would need later on. Evernote not only helped me in EDM310, but in all my other classes as well.

The most important learn tool for me came from reading the blogs of fellow teachers. These individuals took the time out to write down their ideas and share it with the world. This spreading of ideas is what the internet was made for. The topics they covered will also be of great help to me when I become a teacher. Some of the teachers and educators I have come to rely on are Sir ken Robinson, Karl Fish, Dr. Mcleod, Randy Pousch, Professor Stephen Heppell. I also loved the videos of sugata Mitra. It's amazing the work Mr. Mitra has done to further the advance of technology to children around the world. Ted Talks, Neil Tyson The Smart Teachers, and Danah Boyd to round them off.

I would like to thank all the teachers, educators and Dr. Strange for exposing us to these wonderful ideas. With out caring individuals like these teachers or educators our education systems would be very different. This learning experience will continue with me long after I leave EDM310 and the information I have learned will go with me all the days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment